Our 2012 goals have not changed. The number one goal has always been to LIMIT the size and scope of government. The second goal is accountability and transparency from our elected officials.We WILL keep track of votes that are not in line with our Founders vision of LIMITED government and we WILL demand accountability and transparency from our elected officials.
* January 18 Gov. Snyder delivers the State Of the State Address
* January 19 Public Meeting on ObamaCare (Information Below)
* January 23 While thousands gather in Washington D.C. for the National March for Life, local Pro-life advocates will rally at the State Capital Building at 4:30pm on Monday, January 23. In 1984, President Ronald Reagan’s issued a proclamation creating a national Sanctity of Human Life Day.
* Right To Work Indiana bill that would ban union contracts in the private sector that force employees to pay union dues or fees. Success for the bill in Indiana could help supporters gain momentum in states such as Maine, Michigan and Missouri, the story says. Gov. Rick Snyder has said he would sign a right-to-work bill if it landed on his desk, but it’s not on his priority list.
* Senator Jones Strikes Again Calls female PR executive a “hooker”
* More on NITC/DRIC
* Gov. Snyder Transportation Plan
Year in Review
* What Got Done
*Exceptions* NEW Tax on pensions and Emergency Manager power to upend elected officials, jury is still out on that.
* NITC/DRIC Bridge A view from across the other side of the bridge,“No dear reader, it is all shameless propaganda designed to fool Americans.”
* MI Health Care Exchange
* Senate Bill 723 Called the “Peace of Mind” Registry… don’t ya just love these names! Oh and look who introduced the Bill…yup the same Senator who introduced the MI Health Care Exchange (ObamaCare) Senator Jim Marleau. The Bill moves organ donor program solely from Secretary of State (SOS) to the Department of Community Health (DCH) with creation of a new electronic data gathering program. This bill is another step towards enabling of ObamaCare via the electronic data access and transmission of medical “directives” in the proposed MI Health Care Exchange
* National Popular Vote – Political scheme to try an end run around Electoral College. Originally a Democrat plan cooked up after Al Gore lost to President Bush
* Republican-led Legislature Votes Overwhelmingly to Continue ‘Big Hollywood’ Film Subsidy
* Lt. Governor Brian Calley, ominous announcement that if lawmakers failed to provide the votes, there were “other ways” to build the bridge without a legislative vote.
Taxation Bridge without Representation!
And the Ugly
* Senate Bill 8 – Introduced by Sen. Mark Jansen (R) on January 19, 2011, to allow and specify procedures for two or more local governments in Kent County to enter partnerships to provide particular government services, and give these the power to levy up to 5 mills of property tax. The decision to enter such a partnership would not be subject to referendum and an elected official could not be recalled for it.
* The MI Health Care Exchange is both bad and ugly
* Senator Rick Jones Behavior coupled with his votes and his stances, “Sen. Rick Jones, R-Grand Ledge, is one of the GOP senators supporting the new bridge.“
Although the $9.8 million added by the Senate to create a state “ObamaCare exchange” was stripped from Appropriations (HB 5014) in the House,which was definitely good the “$119 million in mostly federal money for incentive payments to health care providers and facilities to adopt state-approved electronic health care record systems” (which can still be used towards the IT system for ObamaCare was left in. So the optimum vote on HB5014 was a “NO”
Is there something I left off this list you feel should have been included? We invite your comment here
This is an opportunity for your voice to be heard!
And to support Chairwoman Gail Haines who is giving all ample time to give testimony and for all the House Reps who oppose the implementation of Obama
Care. Does yours? You do not have to speak but please fill out a testimony card that is entered into public record.
“When you become entitled to exercise the right of voting for public officers, let it be impressed upon your mind that God commands you to choose for rulers,’just men who will rule in the fear of God.’ The preservation of government depends on the faithful discharge of this duty; if the citizens neglect their duty and place unprincipled men in office, the government will soon be corrupted; laws will be made, not for the public good so much as for selfish or local purposes; corrupt or incompetent men will be appointed to execute the laws; and the rights of the citizens will be violated or disregarded. If a republican government fails to secure public prosperity and happiness, it must be because the citizens neglect the divine commands, and elect bad men to make the administer the laws.” Noah Webster, 1832
Extremely important race here in Michigan. And to our country. It is not out of the realm of possibility that President Obama could be reelected That possibility makes Congressional races just that more important. Have you had an opportunity to educate yourself on the issues and principles of those seeking to replace Progressive Debbie Stabenow?
Know web sites below:
In Our Up Coming Newsletters
New Developments on the NITC/DRIC battle
Following the Money on ObamaCare
Gov. Snyder’s Transportation Plan
Connected Vehicle Technology- What it is why you should be concerned
Languishing legislation and how you can help to get it passed